Motorcycle Repair/ironhead gaskets

Question
I have a 1976 ironhead 1000xlch. my oil pump is leaking around the body plate gasket and I was wondering if you can change it wile the motor is in the bike. and the two bolts on the bottom of the engine for draining oil or do they hold something inside the motor'thanks

Answer
the motor mount bolts have to be removed and the motor tilted to get the oil pump out. If you dont have room to tilt it then it has to be removed Also, you have to remove the cam cover to time the oil pump. The bolts on the bottom of the motor can be removed with a problem
Mike

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells