Motorcycle Repair/Qa50 side clutch case

right cover Case
right cover Case  
I have a Qa50 n I opened the side case up to have a look at the clutch n inside everything seems ok but then I cant get the case back on how do I get the shift pawl to line up with the shifter arm I think any help will b great thanks

Trent, if you can't lock the clutch lifter arm in place with the adjustment bolt, then lay the bike/engine over on the side, so you aren't fighting gravity when the arm wants to fall downwards. It will stay in place better if the cover is horizontal with that side of the engine and the arm is positioned so it drops on top of the gearshift lever.
for parts illustrations...

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.