Motorcycle Repair/88S&S starter

Hello, I have a 2002 indian with an 88 twin cam. When the bike is cold it acts like the battery is really low, barley turns over. If I can coax it into starting it will start all day with no problem. leave it over night and the same thing. Now I cant even jump it. Tested the batt and its fine. Replaced the relay and no change.Starter? Any thoughts before I tear it all apart?

check to see how many Amps the starter is pulling when you are turning over the motor. should be no more then 150 to 175 amps, also replace all starter cables. they get rusty inside the plastic covering and will pull lots of amps. also Load test the Battery. Remember your bike is 12 years old. if the amps are high when you try to start it. then remove the starter and have it rebuilt, but still change out the starter Cables, Ride safe my brother, Southside Johnny.  

Motorcycle Repair

southeast johnny

All Harley Davison bikes 1984 till 2013

44 years qith Harley davidson

Chicago Southside johnnys Hi performance Dyno tuning and custom maping 114 N Pacific ave San Pedro Ca. 90731 562_666_6062

Harley womwns magazine. Hot Bike mag, out law biker mag, supercycle mag, Too meny to list

Macter PhD technition, Dynojet owner and trained technition