Motorcycle Repair/88S&S starter

Question
Hello, I have a 2002 indian with an 88 twin cam. When the bike is cold it acts like the battery is really low, barley turns over. If I can coax it into starting it will start all day with no problem. leave it over night and the same thing. Now I cant even jump it. Tested the batt and its fine. Replaced the relay and no change.Starter? Any thoughts before I tear it all apart?

Answer
check to see how many Amps the starter is pulling when you are turning over the motor. should be no more then 150 to 175 amps, also replace all starter cables. they get rusty inside the plastic covering and will pull lots of amps. also Load test the Battery. Remember your bike is 12 years old. if the amps are high when you try to start it. then remove the starter and have it rebuilt, but still change out the starter Cables, Ride safe my brother, Southside Johnny.  

Motorcycle Repair

southeast johnny