Motorcycle Repair/Honda Benly

Question
Dear Bill,
I have recently aquired a Honda Benly engine no.C92e1074522. Chassis no 720030-45.
Could you help me with the year and cc etc. The bike is in Thailand.
Henry

Answer
Henry, some of the later Benly models have unusual serial numbering, but I believe that your 125cc Benly was built in 1965. Honda was using the first digit after the model to designate the year from 1959-64, then seemed to jump to using a 7 in the 1965 year. We didn't get any C92s here in the US, only the 150cc version CA95. The cc is stamped into front of the base of the cylinder block and should read 124cc.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver