Motorcycle Repair/screaming eagle slip ons baffle removal

I have the new style screaming eagle slip on muffler on a 12 dyna wide glide and would like to remove the baffles, the mufflers do have a cap on the end that has a torx or star bolt with a center pin in it specialty tool ? My question is where would I get this tool and can the baffles removed or can I remove the packing for more sound I also have a heavy breather onit.Thanks

Once you get the cap off you will still not be able to get the baffles out. They are welded in. One thing you need to know is if you remove the baffles you will hurt the performance of your bike. It will hurt your midrange, where you ride most of the time. Also, it will make your bike run leaner

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!