Motorcycle Repair/1979 Yamaha 750 SE

Bike has an electronic ignition. The starter button does not work, can I kick start the bike? I was changing out the starter button and had it working until I touched wrong wires together resulting in me getting a mild shock from the start button housing and even the ignition key when trying to shut it off. Any ideas on what might have happened or how to diagnosis the problem? Thanks!

I cant be sure, but it sounds to me like when touching the 2 wires together
something melted to ground. A hot wire is touching the frame or other
somewhere. Get a test meter and begin testing the 2 wires you touched together
for continuity to ground. It one of the is making contact with the frame or ground
then trace it down. Sometimes the wire come loose and touch ground inside
the right hand controls where the starter button is located.

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack

I specialize in Virago carburetors. Internal parts sizes, Needle and jet sizes for each and every year and model. Hitachi and Mikuni. I also can give tech support and Tech Support for carburetor problems and issues. Carburetor tuning and syncronization. Carbburetor rejetting and dynojet installations for engine modifications. I know every needle and jet size for every Virago made. I have done over50 Virago carb Salesand Rebuilds in 2012. I have over 50 sets ofVirago carbs in stockright now. I Build, Ride and Breath Virago. I have both the 1983 Midnight Virago's. The XV750MK and the XV920MK. 1 of my 1981 XV750H is is Premier Cycles, Billy Joel's Bike Museum.... I am an Honest and Fair man. I am also a Finicky Perfectionist withmy carb work. Ihave all the obsolete hardto find carb parts. I have new diaphragms, new floats, I have the float level setting down to an art. I have fabricated transparent bowls for both version 1 and version 2 carburetors.

9 years on Ebay with 100% feedback. My own website: that has some awesome testimonials ans feedbacks...

Organizations Forum

Ebay., Feedbacks from satisfied customers.

Over30 years expierence in Carburetor rebuilding and motorcycle and car repair andmechanics. I have certifications in HVAC, Welding. I have over 20 years in Building maintenance and repairs. Over 20 years in aSuperior position. I am a Licensed California general B Contractor. But I have settled on my Virago Carb Business...

Clients and customers found in my Ebay Store History. DRVIRAGO777 VIRAGO CARBURETORS.