Motorcycle Repair/1983 virago 920

Question
Please help me!! I have been trying to get my 920 running for the past 2 seasons with no luck.  I have removed and cleaned the carbs more than a couple times replaced jets, petcock, starter, and gaskets it is actually now running worse it seems to backfire more and the front cylinder isn't running. I don't know what to do now. Help!!

Answer
Well your in Luck. I Rebuild Virago Carburetors for a Living.
I Built a 1983 XV920MK Midnight Virago.
There may be something clogging some of the small passages inside the carb body.
There carburetors are complicated. There are 2 sizes of Jet needles and they have
a specific location. Its easy to mix them up.
Check out my website:   www.viragocarb.com
Its not a backfire is it?  Its more of just a popping through the exhaust.
This indicates a lean fuel mixture. Or the Jet needles are backwards.
Email me at drvirago777@yahoo.com   send me your engine ID Number from the engine case.
I will be Glad to Help you anyway I can....Joe

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack