Motorcycle Repair/2002 flstfi push rods issue

i want to know if when installing adjustable push rods why do i have to remove the lifter blocks because the push are to long to clear the blocks? this is of course with the rods retracted all the to its shortest length. this means i have to install the push rods, the covers, and the lifter block all at once. i cannot find any you tube, or other means of telling me. i am doing this rocker covers on and sumax annodized tube covers. any info you can give would be appreciated much. i am 61 and never asked a question in my motorcycle life.

There are 3 types of push rods. Non adjustable,  adjustable, and quick install adjustable. We cut the stock aluminum push rods out of the motor with bolt cutters, then install the quick Install push rods. These push rods come with different outer push rod tube and longer clips, you can get them from Harley Davidson. When you install adjustable push rods. You have to remove the gas tank and upper and lower rocker boxes. Lots of work and more expensive. I am not that great on typing.  Call me if you need more help. SOUTHSIDE JOHNNY..  562/666/6062. Hope that helped

Motorcycle Repair

southeast johnny

All Harley Davison bikes 1984 till 2013

44 years qith Harley davidson

Chicago Southside johnnys Hi performance Dyno tuning and custom maping 114 N Pacific ave San Pedro Ca. 90731 562_666_6062

Harley womwns magazine. Hot Bike mag, out law biker mag, supercycle mag, Too meny to list

Macter PhD technition, Dynojet owner and trained technition