Motorcycle Repair/Honda xr80r

I just picked up an xr80r, I believe it's a 1982. There was no spark plug in it, can you give me a number? Anything else you can tell me about the bike would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Paul, using eBay for a search engine I found "Honda XR80 spark plug" listings to show:

CR7HSA to be the preferred spark plug.

The original platform was the XR75, way back in 1973...

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.