Motorcycle Repair/motor scooter runs poorly

I have a Schwinn Newport 150. Schwinn is a brand of Pacific Cycles. Going down hill at speed (above 40 or so) the motor feels like it stops for a second and immediately runs again. This happens over and over. Many times each minute. Feels like some bad fuel, but it has been with me for over a year. Local mechanics have looked at the carb and reported no problems. They said that both jets in the carb are ok and they could find no other problem. It works ok when the motor is pulling the machine forward, but the failure is when the motor may have to provide some braking - if that makes any sense.

Thanks for your help.

To me it sounds electrical, maybe a short in a wire.
How does it idle?   It may be the air jet adjustment is to rich.
Change the spark plug it could be fouling out.
Check the fuel level, it maybe to high. I wish I could help more, but its tough not seeing or
listening to what its doing...

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack

I specialize in Virago carburetors. Internal parts sizes, Needle and jet sizes for each and every year and model. Hitachi and Mikuni. I also can give tech support and Tech Support for carburetor problems and issues. Carburetor tuning and syncronization. Carbburetor rejetting and dynojet installations for engine modifications. I know every needle and jet size for every Virago made. I have done over50 Virago carb Salesand Rebuilds in 2012. I have over 50 sets ofVirago carbs in stockright now. I Build, Ride and Breath Virago. I have both the 1983 Midnight Virago's. The XV750MK and the XV920MK. 1 of my 1981 XV750H is is Premier Cycles, Billy Joel's Bike Museum.... I am an Honest and Fair man. I am also a Finicky Perfectionist withmy carb work. Ihave all the obsolete hardto find carb parts. I have new diaphragms, new floats, I have the float level setting down to an art. I have fabricated transparent bowls for both version 1 and version 2 carburetors.

9 years on Ebay with 100% feedback. My own website: that has some awesome testimonials ans feedbacks...

Organizations Forum

Ebay., Feedbacks from satisfied customers.

Over30 years expierence in Carburetor rebuilding and motorcycle and car repair andmechanics. I have certifications in HVAC, Welding. I have over 20 years in Building maintenance and repairs. Over 20 years in aSuperior position. I am a Licensed California general B Contractor. But I have settled on my Virago Carb Business...

Clients and customers found in my Ebay Store History. DRVIRAGO777 VIRAGO CARBURETORS.