You are here:

Motorcycle Repair/oil drain on 79 ironhead??


not an expert...where/how do i drain the oil..actually, more a fool....but i cant figure it out...thanks

If nobody never told you then you shouldn't know, so your not a fool! look at the oil tank and on the bottom of it there is a plug which looks like the head of a bolt. I cant remember on the 79 which side it is on. Your 79 should have some side covers and it should be under one of them

Motorcycle Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mike Wells


PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!


If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!

©2017 All rights reserved.