Motorcycle Repair/Paint code

QUESTION: Where can I purchase paint or color chip on California.

ANSWER: Leslie, This is somewhat confusing question....  Tahitian Red was not a color used in 1968...maybe you meant 1978 instead?

Previous to 1968 Honda's red was Scarlet Red.

Bill Silver

QUESTION: Do you have the color code for the Scarlet Red used prior to 1969?  My husband & son are restoring a 1968 CT 90 Honda Trail Bike and was told initially it was Tahitian Red but there was no color code for any of these prior to 1969.

Ah, Leslie, I see you are back again with corrected question request... :>)

Scarlet red: DuPont Imron 6543U  may be NLA now, though.

Ford - Sunset Red
Ditzler DPL 71654K
PPG - Fleet Red DAR 71654
PPG - Fleet Red DCC 71654

Pepsi Cola Red, if you can find it under that name, too.  I found this...
and this

One or all of these should suffice for your CT90.

Happy painting...

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.