Motorcycle Repair/Plugs

Question
QUESTION: I have all three of the 305's and would like to know what is the correct spark plugs for the CA77, CB77 & CL77  Also what year would you say this CB77 would be.  Frame-CB77-1030147 Engine-CB77E-1030210 Thanks in advance.

ANSWER: David, at one point in time, Honda listed D6H plugs for Dreams, but later deleted that reference. I have found that the NGK D8HA plugs work fine in all street-driven 250-305s. Honda mentions using one heat range colder for extended touring/high speed riding, but D9HS plugs are hard to find and I have never found them to be a necessity.

Your CB77 with 1030147 frame number is likely a 1966 edition. Honda made 56,432 CB77s in the period from 1965 through 1967, so yours, at 30,147, is well along in that range. Your bike is one of the first to come with the alloy, Type 2 fork sliders. That change began at 1030129.

I have a Restoration Reference Guide CD/Download available for enthusiasts who are doing in-depth research/repair/restoration work on their Super Hawks. See details on my site.

Bill Silver
www.vintagehonda.com

QUESTION: Also meant to ask for correct plug for CA160.   & where can I get or what material should I use for a point cam grease wiper?  Thanks again.

Answer
David....   different engine... same spark plug. D8HA

I have seen mini-packs of point cam lube at auto parts stores...

search "Mallory 26015 - Universal Cam Lube Grease Fuel Type" on eBay auctions $$$$$

I bought a tube of Bosch point cam grease from a vintage VW dealer years ago. Probably last the rest of my life.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver