Motorcycle Repair/carb help

I have a 1979 Honda cm185t I just purchased a new aftermarket carb for it but the cap on top where the throttle cable goes into it is a different size. The issue im having is that the original cap and pipe type fitting on top of it holds the cable in, so I can't get it out. And if I cut the piece of pipe off it im afraid it will be way off adjustment and I don't think the new cap will fit with the old piece of pipe. I got the carb on line via Ebay for 20$ you can search it and look at the old specs and maybe tell me my next step.

First. You can contact me via Email to:
I checked out the Carbs on Ebay. And knowing most throttle cables are the
same size on those models. Maybe a different throttle cable may be needed.
Email the Seller of these Carburetors and ask him why it dont hook up when
the Auction describes it for tthe CM185T.
I Rebuild and Sell Motorcycle Carburetors. Send me some pictures of your old Carburetor
and I'll see if I have one. I have alot of those carbs.
I Sell on Ebay also. User Name: drvirago777

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack

I specialize in Virago carburetors. Internal parts sizes, Needle and jet sizes for each and every year and model. Hitachi and Mikuni. I also can give tech support and Tech Support for carburetor problems and issues. Carburetor tuning and syncronization. Carbburetor rejetting and dynojet installations for engine modifications. I know every needle and jet size for every Virago made. I have done over50 Virago carb Salesand Rebuilds in 2012. I have over 50 sets ofVirago carbs in stockright now. I Build, Ride and Breath Virago. I have both the 1983 Midnight Virago's. The XV750MK and the XV920MK. 1 of my 1981 XV750H is is Premier Cycles, Billy Joel's Bike Museum.... I am an Honest and Fair man. I am also a Finicky Perfectionist withmy carb work. Ihave all the obsolete hardto find carb parts. I have new diaphragms, new floats, I have the float level setting down to an art. I have fabricated transparent bowls for both version 1 and version 2 carburetors.

9 years on Ebay with 100% feedback. My own website: that has some awesome testimonials ans feedbacks...

Organizations Forum

Ebay., Feedbacks from satisfied customers.

Over30 years expierence in Carburetor rebuilding and motorcycle and car repair andmechanics. I have certifications in HVAC, Welding. I have over 20 years in Building maintenance and repairs. Over 20 years in aSuperior position. I am a Licensed California general B Contractor. But I have settled on my Virago Carb Business...

Clients and customers found in my Ebay Store History. DRVIRAGO777 VIRAGO CARBURETORS.