Motorcycle Repair/CL77 Seat Fitment

Question
I bought a CL77 seat and the front attachment point is too wide,  did they have a change?  if so what years are the wider front U shaped anchor point for?  Also did the CL77 come with round or rectangle mirrors?

Answer
John,  The rubber-mounted seats came on the serial number: CL77-1033482-on (1966-ish). They rubber mounted a lot of the bike then... rear fender, footpegs, seat, fork ears, muffler... so all the part numbers changed.

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cl77-scrambler-305-1965-usa_model1037/partslist/?mode

All the 250-305s came with the rectangular mirrors, originally from the CA95 Benly models. They are still available from Honda, but have 041 code part numbers instead of the 215 and the mirror head angle is a little too severely bent upwards. You have to put them in a vise and bend them down to suit.

Bill Silver
www.vintagehonda.com  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver