Motorcycle Repair/CL77 Seat Fitment

I bought a CL77 seat and the front attachment point is too wide,  did they have a change?  if so what years are the wider front U shaped anchor point for?  Also did the CL77 come with round or rectangle mirrors?

John,  The rubber-mounted seats came on the serial number: CL77-1033482-on (1966-ish). They rubber mounted a lot of the bike then... rear fender, footpegs, seat, fork ears, muffler... so all the part numbers changed.

All the 250-305s came with the rectangular mirrors, originally from the CA95 Benly models. They are still available from Honda, but have 041 code part numbers instead of the 215 and the mirror head angle is a little too severely bent upwards. You have to put them in a vise and bend them down to suit.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.