Motorcycle Repair/Speedo Cable

Will a speedo cable from a CA77 or a CL77 work on a CB77?  Thanks in advance.

Jim... the short answer is NOPE! They all have different end fittings. CAs have big fitting in the speedometer and the CLs have a bigger drive end fitting than the CBs. They all have different part numbers and that's why...

I may have a spare CB cable here at the moment, which is a new aftermarket version that works fine.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.