Motorcycle Repair/weak 30 amp main circuit breaker?

Question
sometimes my 1998 xlh sportser cuts out.after an hour or so it starts right up. I cleaned the terminals on the breaker,but by that time, it reset itself. the bike srarted right up with no problem. Could I safely replace it with a 40 amp,or should I stay with a 30 amp? All other systems function properly,it just looses spark.Could I use a jumper wire across the 2 terminals in a pinch if I get stuck out on the road somewhere? Any help would be appriated. Thankyou,Jim

Answer
First, you need to make sure its the breaker. When it cuts out, test on both sides of the breaker, to see if you have 12 volts. If you do, then you have another problem. When you say it cuts out, is everything off? like lights and starter? If you don't have power then replace the breaker with another 30 amp. Don't go bigger
Mike

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells