Motorcycle Repair/early Honda Super Cub vin#

I purchased a one owner "1960" (titled) C102 super cub with a vin# of A11032.  Per Honda Published books,  they do not show a letter  before the sequence number.   Can someone verify this vin which is clearly on the right side of frame?     Thank You

According to a chart, done in Japan (not necessarily by Honda), an A series C102 was built in 1963.

The 1960 versions had the year date code embedded into the serial number....
i.e.   C102-60-1xxxxx

I think there are/were Honda Cub 50 forums on Yahoo which might confirm this information.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.