Motorcycle Repair/low iddle, engine stalling when slowing down

I have a 1983 550 Honda nighthawk which tries to stall and drops its idling  to stall after warming up. Bike has tons of power and runs great otherwise. Can you comment on suggestion that I add one ounce of STP cleaner per 2 tanks and that will clear out carbs fouled by high ethanol modern gas  being used in  an older bike?  Also asking if you have any suggestions to solve problem? Thanks very much!

I would use Seafoam in the Fuel per Instructions. The Carbs may be Ready for a Professional Rebuild. Change the Plugs and check all vacuum lines for Integrity.
If you feel you would like to get a Rebuild. See my Website:
I do all Motorcycle Carburetors. Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Harley.
I only run Premium in my 83 XV750MK Virago. I get lots of work from people using that Fuel.
I think it gums up and clogs the internal passages..

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack

I specialize in Virago carburetors. Internal parts sizes, Needle and jet sizes for each and every year and model. Hitachi and Mikuni. I also can give tech support and Tech Support for carburetor problems and issues. Carburetor tuning and syncronization. Carbburetor rejetting and dynojet installations for engine modifications. I know every needle and jet size for every Virago made. I have done over50 Virago carb Salesand Rebuilds in 2012. I have over 50 sets ofVirago carbs in stockright now. I Build, Ride and Breath Virago. I have both the 1983 Midnight Virago's. The XV750MK and the XV920MK. 1 of my 1981 XV750H is is Premier Cycles, Billy Joel's Bike Museum.... I am an Honest and Fair man. I am also a Finicky Perfectionist withmy carb work. Ihave all the obsolete hardto find carb parts. I have new diaphragms, new floats, I have the float level setting down to an art. I have fabricated transparent bowls for both version 1 and version 2 carburetors.

9 years on Ebay with 100% feedback. My own website: that has some awesome testimonials ans feedbacks...

Organizations Forum

Ebay., Feedbacks from satisfied customers.

Over30 years expierence in Carburetor rebuilding and motorcycle and car repair andmechanics. I have certifications in HVAC, Welding. I have over 20 years in Building maintenance and repairs. Over 20 years in aSuperior position. I am a Licensed California general B Contractor. But I have settled on my Virago Carb Business...

Clients and customers found in my Ebay Store History. DRVIRAGO777 VIRAGO CARBURETORS.