Motorcycle Repair/What year is my Honda

Question
Hi Bill. I just required my first bike, a Honda 450 but the paperwork is gone so I need to identify it to order parts. The tag below the handlebars says it was manufactured in 01/70 so is this a 1969 or 70? After that it lists the vin as CB450-4003065. Don't know what any of it means but I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks, George

Answer
George....

http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0450/sport.htm

Shows the bike to be a CB450K3. Don't rely on the year so much as the serial numbers on your bike for parts references. You can use the K3 as a reference as well, depending upon how the parts are listed.

A 1/70 build date bike is a 1970 model.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver