Motorcycle Repair/What year is my Honda

Hi Bill. I just required my first bike, a Honda 450 but the paperwork is gone so I need to identify it to order parts. The tag below the handlebars says it was manufactured in 01/70 so is this a 1969 or 70? After that it lists the vin as CB450-4003065. Don't know what any of it means but I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks, George

Shows the bike to be a CB450K3. Don't rely on the year so much as the serial numbers on your bike for parts references. You can use the K3 as a reference as well, depending upon how the parts are listed.

A 1/70 build date bike is a 1970 model.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.