Motorcycle Repair/circut breaker

I have an 82 flt tourglide classic with 29,000 miles, when I turn the ignition switch to lights the circut breaker trips. I have almost all wires to the fairing Unplugged any ideas

Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. I never got a notice that I had a question pending.
I would start by replacing the breaker first. Over time they will get weak and trip for a small amount of current. If it still trips, then it sounds like you have a wire that is cut and the wire is touching metal. Disconnect the wires from the breaker and one at a time touch them and see which one causes the breaker to trip. Then you are going ot have to follow that wire, checking it all the way for a short.

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!