Motorcycle Repair/1962-1969 Honda CA110 Sport 50?

Left side view
Left side view  

Right side view
Right side view  
I have a 1960's Honda bike that I recently purchased out of a barn. It has been sitting for along time and I am having trouble identifying it.

The frame serial number is c110-301194. The engine serial number is c110e-71315.

I have looked on every vintage site imaginable and thought I had it pegged to a 60's Honda c115. The bike itself is green. I removed the chrome side covers and underneath it is black. I cannot see how the green is not the original color.

I am wondering if the bike is a Honda CA110 Sport 50? Problem is, from what I read they are not offered in green. I know the c115 was offered in green but the left side cover is not cream colored, and from info I have it should be. The right side cover is missing as well as the tank badges. Help!

Brian, the serial number indicate that the bike is a C110, early type from around 63-64 era, I would guess. If the bike was a later US model, it would have CA110 frame numbers. I have seen a lot of C110s in the US though, before they switched over to marking them CA110. Later bike had the really high handlebars and all US bikes did not have any turn signals or switch gear for them.

Looks like a Black C110 to me. I may have a piston and rings for a C110 here.

A C115 is a 55cc version of the same bike but generally has the low pipe on it, instead of the upswept muffler that we normally see here.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.