Motorcycle Repair/1963 Honda Dream

Question
I have, what I think is a 1963 Honda Dream.  Not sure of the engine size.  All I have is a Vin number: CA1601004726.
Can you provide any information based on the Vin number?
Thanks.

Answer
Hi, the bike is a CA160 Touring 160 edition, which were offered in early 1966.

http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0160/tour160.htm for reference.

The bike is the 4,726th one built so is certainly a first-year edition.

Honda 250-305s are "Dreams"
Honda CB92 and CA95s are called "Benly" models
The CA160 is based upon the CA95, but has the updated center camchain 160cc engine, which is sturdier and easier to get parts for these days. The base of the cylinder block should have 161cc stamped in front.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver