Motorcycle Repair/1963 Honda Dream

I have, what I think is a 1963 Honda Dream.  Not sure of the engine size.  All I have is a Vin number: CA1601004726.
Can you provide any information based on the Vin number?

Hi, the bike is a CA160 Touring 160 edition, which were offered in early 1966. for reference.

The bike is the 4,726th one built so is certainly a first-year edition.

Honda 250-305s are "Dreams"
Honda CB92 and CA95s are called "Benly" models
The CA160 is based upon the CA95, but has the updated center camchain 160cc engine, which is sturdier and easier to get parts for these days. The base of the cylinder block should have 161cc stamped in front.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.