Motorcycle Repair/1966 CA77 seats

I have a 1966 Honda Dream CA77.  It has a full 2 up seat that does not appear to be the original seat for that bike.  Someone has made two extender pieces so the two rear bolts can be bolted to the bike.  Question: What years are the seats compatible between 1960 and 1966?  I am finding seat frames from 1964 & 1965 on ebay. Also, any other known sites where I find the correct seat for this bike?

Jerry, the Honda Benly seats are similar to the Dream seats, but have a somewhat different contour and rear mounting system, so without seeing what you have, that is my first thought. There are some differences between the earliest seats and later ones. Any of the seats that come from chassis with CA78 stamped on the frames should work fine.

Cool Retro Bikes has some details about what seats fit what on their sites, but they have very high prices for their products. should be a match for your bike, as an example.
shows the same part number as the one on the black eBay seat.

I have a restoration guide package available of PDF files that will print out about 2,000 pages of Dream info. Check my site for details.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.