Motorcycle Repair/2002 ultra classic

I have 22,000 miles. Im going to sturgis this summer. Is it too soon to have u replace the cam chain with gears. I,m worried about the run out. Im leaning towards replaceing it before I go so I have time to ride it and make sure we don't have any problems. Also do you recommend different cam since we are in there anyways.    Thanks mike

I have seen the tensioners wear out at 25,000. With that said, since your planning a trip to Sturgis I think now would be the time. I can upgrade to cam so you have more performance, but you have to remember that I would have to remapp the ECM for the cams

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!