Motorcycle Repair/Carburettor help

Question
Hi there I message you in hope that your knowledge of carburettors in general will be able to help me find a solution to my problem.
I have a nipponia dion 125cc 4 Stroke twist and go scooter/moped,
And it has recently come to my attention that there appears to be fuel leaking from in between the top half of carb  and the bottom ( where the floats are located).
I striped the bottom half of the carb and have made sure that the float needle can move freely and is clear from grime or dirt. And problem still seems to be present.
When stripping the carb I noticed that the black gasket that lies between to two halfs seems bigger than the channel on the bottom where is sits how ever still seems to be able to be put in with some care and an eagle eye.
Any help with regards to this matter would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks for your time on reading this.  
Kindest regards
Daniel Wilkes.  

Answer
Some gasket materials are effected by some fuels and specially fuel additives.
The gaskets tend to swell.
They normally are a little thick. So there is a tight seal when put together.
It may be a good Idea to replace that bowls gasket.
If the needle valve was an issue. Gas would be pouring out instead of just leaking..
The screws on the bowl or what ever tightens them together should not have to be
super tight, just snugged very good.

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack