Motorcycle Repair/charging system

Hello Lazaros...
I'm the one who has the 550 Honda nighthawk . you were helping me on the charging system and you thought that the stator was bad from the Information that I gave you.... which I do believe that it is the stator , but have a question... isn't the outside and inside of the stator suppose to be magnetize... Mine isn't... I think thats what is wrong. Once again thankyou so much for your time and hope you have a great week !

Hello Gayle and welcome back,

No, the stator core isn't of permanent magnets. It gets magnetized by the rotor, in order to produce alternating magnetic field and thus electric current in the coils.
Now, if your rotor isn't strongly magnetized, that could be a problem !

Have a nice week too.

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.