Motorcycle Repair/tank question

Hello and thanks for your time.
My friend just picked up a cb450 and wants my help to bring it back to life.  He is not interested in keeping vintage... Infact he plans on bobbing and doing some alterations.  My question is this:  What tanks fit on this bike?  Are there a few options of tanks that fit?  we have access to a welder and the tank tab in the back wouldnt be an issue its justa matter of knowing which tanks would fit over the frame.  thanks!

Hello Matt,

Unfortunately, I can't help you with this. This is more of a trial-and-error subject.
Your friend should visit a used part dealer, with the tank on his hands and compare with whatever finds (and likes) there.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Best Regards,

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.