Motorcycle Repair/yamaha FZR 1000 1990 - timing issue

Dear lazrous,  
Could you please help me to set the timing valves for yamaha fzr1000 1990
I can't find the marks, if you have pictures it will be great
Thanks in advance

Picture 1
Picture 1  

Picture 2
Picture 2  
Hello Khalil,

This bike is indeed a little bit tricky, when it comes to camshaft timing.

First, you have to remove the small cover at the right-hand end of the crankshaft (three #3 Philips screws). Next to it there is a plug, remove this too (flat-headed screwdriver).
See Picture one.

In order to be able to turn the crankshaft, you will need a M8X40 allen head screw, and a M10 17mm-Hexagon nut. Pass the M8 screw through the M10 nut, and bolt it tightly to the crankshaft end. You will see another, smaller hole, where you have to insert a small screw or pin, to stop the M10 nut from turning. If everything goes well, turning the nut will turn the crankshaft.

Through the hole of the plug, find the "T" mark and align it with the arrow on the crankcase.
The marks on the camshafts are center-punch like, and they are next to the sprockets.
Align these marks with the marks on the camshaft holders. See picture two.
Put everything together, including the cam-chain tensioner, turn the crankshaft two full turns
and recheck timing.

If I can be of any more help, don't hesitate to get back to me...
Good luck.

Best Regards,

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.