Motorcycle Repair/Yamaha XZ550 fuel tank.

Hi.tank sealed for 3 years. Upper interior rusted. Researching sealers & what alternative tank would fit without too much bodging.

Hello Owen,

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any tank, other than stock, that would fit to your Bike.

As for the sealing products, due to their high-toxic nature (especially the cleaner-primer)
usage and discarding are controlled and not available to non-professionals (at least in Europe).
You should ask a local workshop for legislation in your area.

Some products available to public, are not worth the money and the effort.
They peel-off very easily and clog fuel filter and carburettors.

I should advice you to leave this to a professional.

Best Regards,

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.