Motorcycle Repair/no electrical power

Question
I recently purchased a 2012 Honda 250 Rebel, my 8th Honda in 50 years. On Tuesday I rode for about 30 minutes and parked inside. On Thursday, after installing a luggage rack, I turned on the key and got nothing but a headlight......no idiot lights, no brake or tail light, no horn, no starter. I've checked all 4 fuses and the ignition switch has power to it and out when the key is "on". The battery was put on a charger, to no avail, and the headlight is the only thing that works when the key is turned on. Is there a control module or such an animal under the gas tank?

Answer
Terry, these bikes are pretty basic, so no magic boxes underneath the bodywork. I would recheck your luggage rack install, as there are a bunch of wires going back to the turn signals and tail light. Perhaps you pinched or disconnected something in the process. There is also a 20amp fuse on the starter relay, but that usually takes every thing out when it blows.

http://parts.southernhonda.com/a/Honda_2012_CMX250C/_56207_6247793/WIRE-HARNESS/

http://parts.southernhonda.com/a/Honda_2012_CMX250C/_56207_6247792/BATTERY/14KEN

Check for loose ground connectors, too...

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver