Motorcycle Repair/honda motorcycle

what is colour code for engine paint on honda varadero xl 1000 02

Billy.... we never received these bikes in the US, so I have little to offer in the way of answering your question. I don't even know what color your engine is...  I see that they were apparently a matte gold color for awhile, then switched to matte black. Matte/semi-gloss black engine paint is pretty plentiful here in the US at auto parts stores. I don't know of anyone who offers a gold version that is high-heat resistant.

Check with these blokes...

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.