Motorcycle Repair/Honda VF 750 Magna not firing on one side

Question
Hello, my name is Charlie Duplechain, I have a 2000 Honda Magna 750. The right two cylinders do not fire at idle, above idle its runs fine. I used a volt stick (glows red when current is present in an insulated wire) and checked the left side. The volt stick glowed red at idle. I checked the right side and nothing at idle. When I gave it a little throttle the volt stick lit up and you could hear the cylinders fire up. I thought it might be a coil but there is a coli for the front and one for the back, not left and right. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
         Charlie

Answer
Well, that is kind of odd, isn't it? I think I would check the spark plugs to see if they are fuel/oil fouling and then check the spark plug caps for excessive resistance. The other thing to check is if the spark plug cap/wires are arcing through to the engine, instead of across the plug gap.

If it gets deeper than that, check with this site...  http://v4musclebike.com/

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver