Motorcycle Repair/honda xl 185s repair

what is the problem of my bike?2 week ago i am repair my bike engine also change timing chine,ringpiston-50 sige .every day 2 time start 30/40 min long for free run almost burn 20 liter gas but now after 3/4 kilomiter engine is no exselarate and stop engine.then 20/30 min later start again.please tell me sir.

Hello Mizan,

Sounds like fuel starvation. Check fuel cock and filter for free flow.

Then try, with the fuel reservoir uncovered, so to be sure that it breathes freely.
It is very common, that the breathing hole on the filler cap is clogged and the fuel flows
too slowly to catch up with the engine demands.

Try this and get back to me with results.

Best Regards,

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.