Motorcycle Repair/Starter Removeing and installing 1984 700 Virago

Question
Your old info was some of the only info about this that I can find and needed to ask if there is any problems on putting the starter back in this way or if you can email me the page of your book that tells what to watch for your what to do.
Thanks
Dennis

Answer
First Off. I am not the drviragopete that sells the Starter fix.
But I do Build Ride and Fix virago's.
His starter fix was way over Priced.
I have the New Starter Spring Clip that goes on the #2 Idler gear and the
Small Clip to put more tension on that Spring Clip.
I have this fix installed on my 1983 XV750MK.
Total cost fot the spring clip and tension clip was less than $50.00.
Check out my website: www.viragocarb.com
I have alternate contact Info there.
I would glad to answer any Questions you might have about starter Installation.
I can also send you a Yamaha Parts manual for your XV700, showing the
whole bike from front to back disassembled in Schamtic with Part numbers.
This will help with starter Installation also...  

Motorcycle Repair

william joseph stack