Motorcycle Repair/carb floats

do you know how to adjust float height on a 1985 Honda nighthawk CB650?

float height
float height  
Hello Dakota,

Unfortunately my friend, float height on your bike can not be adjusted.
The tongue that pushes the fuel needle-valve, is plastic and fixed on the float.

If you find the float not parallel to the float bowl matting surface (carbs tilted so the float
just touches the needle and not compressing the spring) or 18,5mm height*, you'll have to replace the needle-valves and floats.

Best Regards,

*See picture (just for reference, not your actual carburettor).  

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.