Motorcycle Repair/cbx1000 starter/solenoid

Question
My bike started fine this a.m., i pulled it out front to sell. Went to re-start and only get a click at solenoid. Has very recent rebuild on starter. Have tried it with charger on 40amp. and get same result. Batt conns are clean.
Please help.

Thanx, jim corbin.

Answer
If you get the solenoid click but no starter activation, it is likely the solenoid that is bad.  Take a voltmeter and check voltage on the lead to the starter when the starter button is pressed, it should be close to 12V.  This will be the other large wire post than the one coming in directly from the battery.  Not an unusual problem these days.  Should the voltage read low, say 8V, check the other post, and see if the voltage there drops that low too.  If so the battery could be bad.  A 40A charger does not put out enough power to start a CBX, battery is capable of around 300Amps.  Solenoid replacements are available but you may have to change connectors.  Good luck,  Jan

Motorcycle Repair

Jan Ringnalda