Motorcycle Repair/1983 Honda GoldWing Model RS

Question
It is impossible to see the oil level in the site glass. Shall I buy an aftermarket dipstick? Will it hurt my cycle if it has too much oil in it? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. Mike

Answer
Hi Mike,

If you cannot see the oil, then it has to be pretty dirty in there...?  It is important to have the correct level of oil in the engine, and yes too much oil can cause problems.  If an aftermarket dipstick is easily available then that would be one way, or you may try an oil flush/clean product to try and clean the engine internals and sight glass.

Good luck,

Jan

Motorcycle Repair

Jan Ringnalda