Motorcycle Repair/1986 gl1200sei

Question
Blew a head gasket and replaced it. Had to pull engine due to starter clutch issue.I have set timing with # 1 on compression lined up cam marks new timing belts.All it is does is back fire no start. Been thru the timing a 100 times. Even did a 180 out. Getting fuel and fire all cyclinders. Bike was running good even with blowed gasket

Answer
Hello Gordon,

Assuming that the timing is set correctly, I'd suggest that you check compression pressure on all cylinders. It should be 180-190psi.

Did you remove the crankshaft belt-pulleys? If yes, check that the ignition pulser rotor is placed with the "F" mark facing outside. It's between the pulleys.

I can't think of something else for the time being, but I'll get back to you if I do.

Get back to me with results on the above, and I'll do my best to help you out.

Best Regards,
Lazaros.  

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis