Motorcycle Repair/CB750K2 electrical problem

I have been having an intermittent electrical problem on my 1972 Honda CB750K2. When turn signals or brake light is activated the bike dies but the main fuse is not blown. Electric start will not work after the occurrence but kick start works fine. After cool down electric start will work OK.

Ted, get the battery fully charged and load-tested first.  Sounds like you are running out of volts either due to a bad battery or charging system that isn't keeping up with the electrical load... Batteries will "recover" a little bit after a rest, but I think you have a weak battery, one that wasn't fully charged to begin with or a charging system issue.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.