Motorcycle Repair/CB750K2 electrical problem

Question
I have been having an intermittent electrical problem on my 1972 Honda CB750K2. When turn signals or brake light is activated the bike dies but the main fuse is not blown. Electric start will not work after the occurrence but kick start works fine. After cool down electric start will work OK.

Answer
Ted, get the battery fully charged and load-tested first.  Sounds like you are running out of volts either due to a bad battery or charging system that isn't keeping up with the electrical load... Batteries will "recover" a little bit after a rest, but I think you have a weak battery, one that wasn't fully charged to begin with or a charging system issue.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver