Motorcycle Repair/hyosung

Question
QUESTION: I need a better than o.e.m. replacement for my ignition coils on my 2012 hyosung gt650r.

Do the Suzuki sv650 coils fit ?

Is there an aftermarket coil with the same specs ?

ANSWER: Hello Bryan,

As stated at my profile, I have little to no experience on non-Japanese motorcycles.
Despite that, I tried to find technical specification of your bike, but with no luck.

If you have the specifications of your coils, I'll be happy to make a cross-comparison with various Japanese ones, to find the best for you.
What I need is, primary resistance, dimensions and if it is double or single output.
A photo of it would be great.

Best Regards,
Lazaros.

QUESTION: 3.5-5.5 ohm primary
20k-31k ohm secondary

Im told the coils on the Suzuki sv650 are similar or nearly identical.

Answer
Hello Bryan,

Yes, the SV650 coils will fit as for the electrical specifications, but I'm not sure if they have the same dimensions to fit stock fitting screws.
Additionally, the length of the HV cable isn't the same on both SV's coils.
So, you must choose the long cable one (3342019F00), and if needed, cut the cable(s) to your bike's requirements.

Best Regards,
Lazaros.  

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis