Motorcycle Repair/sportster oil line routing

Hi I have a 1990 sportster 1200 XLH. When I got it it was a mess. I'm trying to figure out which oil hose goes where. I disabled it from starting & turned the engine over to see which hose was sucking(feed) & which was blowing(return). What I found was the hose blowing was coming out of the casing. I know where they go to on the tank but I'm so confused as to where they hook up at the oil pump. Can you please help me out?  Thank you so very much for your time & advise.          Darin.

Looking at the side of the oil pump, at the back, towards the rear tire, is the feed.At the front of the oil pump there should be 3 fittings. Top one is the oil return, middle is the return from the filter and the bottom one is the feed to the oil filter. The one ont he back of the cam cover is the vent
Good luck and happy riding

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!