Motorcycle Repair/1981 yamaha xj 750 seca

where is the rear brake fluid reservoir located?

Hello Thaddeus,

My friend, either your bike is modified or it is not a Seca...
Secas never utilised hydraulic rear brake. They all had mechanical drum brake.
Actually no XJ up to '92 600 SecaII.

So if yours does have a disc brake, I obviously can't help you.
Follow the route of the hose from the calliper to find the master cylinder, and then from the master cylinder to find the reservoir.

I hope I've been helpful.

Best Regards,

P.S.: I would love to see a picture of it, if it does have rear disc brake mod...

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.