Motorcycle Repair/1984 honda v30 Magna 500

Question
when I urn on ignition switch and press start button I get no respomse

Answer
Keith, check your clutch lever bracket to see if the switch plunger is sticking. There is a safety system that keeps the bike from starting if it is in gear.

Verify that the headlight is working properly. The starter button normally allows the headlight to be ON when the switch is on, then disconnects the headlight when the button is pressed in for START. If the headlight is erratic, probably the starter button function is failing/dead.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver