Motorcycle Repair/86 honda magna 750

Hi ,first off I bought this bike to restore , bike has 160 PDS each cylinder, I put a new wiring harness on this bike , front cylinders do not fire but if I swap wires from rear coil to front coil the front plugs will fire , down at fuel punp there is 4 wires , a green,blue,black/yellow stipe,Black /blue stripe ,the black with yellow stripe and blue wires aren't hooked up and don't know where they go ,other two wires are hooked too fuel pump,the blue wire comes off coil for front cylinders, where should this wire be hooked too , hope you can help6 , thanks much bob

Hello Bob,

Firstly I would like to know, if, the wires you refer to are all coming from the main harness, and if the harness is brand new, genuine and exactly for your model.
Did you order it based on frame (V.I.N.) number, or as "1986 750 Magna"?
The reason I'm asking is that I don't remember Bl/Y (black wt yellow stripe) wire on older 750 Magnas.

You see, I'm confused because as I recall, '82 to '84 Magna was 750, switched to 700 from late '84 to '87 (or '88, not sure), then back to 750.
So, yours is either a '84 or a '88-89 and later.

Is your model the twin or the single ignition box variant?
If it's the twin, swap them, try again and let me know.
What colours are the pulse generator wires (coming out from the right engine cover)?
(On later models, Bl/Y wire comes from pulse generator which is single).

As you can see, there are several things that need clarification.
Also, the V.I.N. and some pictures would help a lot.

Looking forward to hear from you again.

Best Regards,

Motorcycle Repair

Lazaros Ampatzidis

I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.

I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.