Motorcycle Repair/alternator rotor

I have a 2010 Heritage softail. I can't get the rotor off the stator, it is hanging up. I could see where it is hitting on the inner primary so did a small bit of grinding which got me very close but still hitting. What else can I do? The assembly where the spring washers are seems to be attached to the rotor is that correct or does that pry off. Thanks, Gary

You have to pull it off square to the inner primary to get it off. It should pull straight off. the magnets around it are really strong and makes it tough. Keep pulling, but try to pull square and it should come off.  They do make a puller to get it out square. The spring washers do not pull off.

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells

PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION!!! I CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT HARLEYS !!! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER MODELS!!! IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT A NON HARLEY BIKE IT WILL GET REJECTED!!!I have a Harley only shop with 30 years experience located in Ohio. We specialize in complete and total repair, restoration, hi-performance, and custom bike building. I can work on Flat Heads to Twin Cams. Please, dont ask how much somthing is going to cost to fix. Labor prices differ all over te country as well as shop to shop!

If its broke on a harley we can repair it. We do complete restoration from the frame up, engine and trans rebuilding, remapping and custom bike building

School of hard knocks!