Motorcycle Repair/alternator rotor

Question
I have a 2010 Heritage softail. I can't get the rotor off the stator, it is hanging up. I could see where it is hitting on the inner primary so did a small bit of grinding which got me very close but still hitting. What else can I do? The assembly where the spring washers are seems to be attached to the rotor is that correct or does that pry off. Thanks, Gary

Answer
You have to pull it off square to the inner primary to get it off. It should pull straight off. the magnets around it are really strong and makes it tough. Keep pulling, but try to pull square and it should come off.  They do make a puller to get it out square. The spring washers do not pull off.
Mike

Motorcycle Repair

Mike Wells