Motorcycle Repair/clutch

I rebuilt master cylinder on clutch side went to bleed took a few times got the fluid through to the bleed was coming out fine the clutch isn't ingauging

Derrick.  You didn't give a make/model clue, so the response has to be somewhat generic.

Rebuilding the m/c is fine, but the slave cylinder needs to be rebuilt as well, just like the brake calipers. If the seal is jamming the piston or is leaking then the clutch won't disengage and possibly won't engage if it is holding pressure on the clutch pushrod/release components.

Bill Silver

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver

Need help with vintage Hondas from the 1960s? I am an expert with 250-305cc bikes in particular and most all of the other pre-91 models, in general. I do NOT claim to have a great deal of experience on Gold Wings, Cruisers, ATC/ATVs and dirt bikes.

I have owned/ridden/maintained Honda motorcycles for 35 years. I have written five books on Honda repairs and collecting. I was a service manager for two Honda shops back in the 1980s.

VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of North America

VJMC newsletter, as editor for two years and as contributing editor currently.

3 years auto shop in high school, teacher's aide in Automotive Technology in Jr. College, Diesel mechanic course in college, self-taught mechanic and automotive writer.