You are here:

Motorcycle Repair/cm400t '79 valve adjustment


Gud day sir,may i know
What type of feeler gauge and sizes
That i must use in adjusting on both intake and exhaust? thanx and wore power sir!

Feeler Gauge Set
Feeler Gauge Set  
Hello James,

You can use any type of feeler gauge available on the market (see photo).
The valve clearance for your bike is, 0,10mm (0,004")for the intake and 0,15mm (0,006") for the exhaust, measured with the engine cold (ambient temperature).

Best regards,

Motorcycle Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Lazaros Ampatzidis


I can help you on EVERY issue involving POST-1980 Japanese Motorcycles plus KTM and Husaberg. My field of expertise includes Engine, Transmission, Fuel system (carburation & EFI),Electrics and Electronics. Maintenance, repair and tuning. Road and off-road suspension tuning. Please don't ask me about non-Japanese Motorcycle, especially American built on which I have low to zero experience.


I'm a rider and hobbyist since childhood. 25 years motorcycle workshop mechanic.15 years motorcycle racing mechanic. In order of experience high to low:Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,Yamaha,KTM,Husaberg.

Hellenic (Greek) Technical School.Internal Combustion Engines Engineer. Automotive Electronics.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]