Motorcycle Repair/1983 yamaha xt250

Question
Hello. My bike is missing bikebandit part number 1274992 Torsion spring...clutch cable return. My question is how on earth will I in stall the new part.

Thank You

Answer
Antonio.....   Well, looking at the drawings, it might not be that hard....

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-xt250kc-dual-purpose-1983_model8937/partslist/C-05.h

The locking bolt #22 keeps the shaft in place inside the crankcase. You might be able to remove the bolt, lift up the shaft and replace the spring without disturbing anything else, just from the look of it.

That's my best guess for a non-Honda question...

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver