Motorcycle Repair/Car Alarm System.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Bill

Is it possible to apply car alarm system features to two Wheelers?.

Thanks
Prashant

ANSWER: Prashant...  There are numerous options to apply alarms to motorcycles, at least here in US.

There are 167 listings on eBay now for "motorcycle alarm system" Most are motion-activated and have remote controlled features.

Bill Silver

QUESTION: Dear Bill

Thanks.

1 Do you feel that the Alarm Security system can be provided as a additional accessory to the two Wheeler Buyer which may not be a mandatory product for Purchase?.

2 Do the Alarm Security system can be applied to all two Wheeler types? Examples Scooters, Mopets, Bikes etc

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
If the alarm is not factory provided, it automatically becomes and accessory. In some cases, dealers might install them on their bikes before sales as an added safety feature, but at an additional cost. The dealer benefits from added income on the sale of the unit and the labor to install it, while the customer doesn't have to make an additional visit to the dealership to have it installed after the sale.

Most alarms have ignition cutoffs and/or motion detection and activation of silent alarms sent to a phone or pager, plus often a very loud alarm that works with the vehicle horn or an internal speaker system. There is no limitation as to their applications, as long as there is a battery source within the machine. Most systems are designed for 12v, but I imagine that there are 6v versions available as well for less expensive or older models. Contact the manufacturers for options and features of interest.

Bill Silver  

Motorcycle Repair

Bill Silver